This Queso Vegan Cheese sauce has changed the way I eat! It’s amazing!! Its melty, delicious, and great on tofu, omelettes, veggie burgers, vegan sausages, you name it. I prefer it 100x more than Daiya or any of the other vegan cheeses on the market. This one is a lot healthier, and made with potatoes and carrots so there is actually nutrients in this cheese compared to the oil based products of Daiya. I actually crave this cheese more so than cow’s cheese. It’s crazy!
I got this recipe from Vegan On A Penny – Thankyou!
- 2 C. potatoes, diced large
- 1 C. carrots, diced large
- 1/2 C. water
- 1/3 C. olive oil
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice (fresh is best!)
- 1/2 C. nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder (opt.)
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder (opt.)
- dash of cayenne (opt.)
- Chives (opt.)
- Jalepeno (opt.)
- Boil the potatoes and carrots until soft.
- Blend potatoes and carrots together along with the rest of the ingredients on high in blender until the cheese is extremely smooth. I use my high-powered VitaMix blender.
- Mix in fresh chives and finely chopped jalepeno for a bit of heat.
- Store in refrigerator for up to a week.
*Photo by Vegan On A Penny